Tuesday, February 3, 2015

I Waited Too Long To Workout Today

Ever have those days where you tell yourself you're going to workout all day but it just never gets done? Other things get in the way. Whether it's chasing your toddler around to get dressed so you can go run errands, waking up late, or having a prior engagement to get to, you end up so worn out and you just say, "I'll do it tomorrow." But tomorrow never comes, does it? You keep pushing it off further and further, until eventually, "tomorrow" is non existent. Then, you wake up one day and realize that you never started again. Now, I'm sure the major health junkies and workout fanatics are thinking, "If I can't do it one day, I will definitely make time the next day," but that's not the case for all of us. That wasn't the case for me. I'd push it off until I just didn't think about it anymore. I had other things on my priority list and working out, was just not one of them.

Today, I woke up late. I drug myself out of bed, and started the day, begrudgingly. I knew I wanted to workout, but I didn't know when I was going to do it. I figured sometime after breakfast, but then I had to go meet a family member. Then, I had to run an errand and then, we went to dinner. We got home around our usual bedtime and I was exhausted. I thought, "Yeah, I'll just work out tomorrow. No harm, no foul."

I started to get comfy in my reading chair, when I thought "I have time for Facebook, but not working out?" Why? Why do we tell ourselves we don't have time or it's too late to do something, when in our minds, we've given ourselves plenty of time for other, non productive things? I was tired, I was full, I had just gotten the baby to sleep and I wanted some down time! I really did and if that question hadn't crossed my mind, I probably would have gotten comfy in my chair and settled in for an episode or two of my favorite show. But that question did cross my mind and I didn't have an answer for it. There was absolutely no reason that I should be able to whittle the hours away with social media, but not with a simple workout session. Something that was good for me. I thought the question had no answer but I realized it did. The answer was, "Yes. Yes you do have time for a work out." So I guess that was my grand epiphany for the day. Moral of the story is, maybe the things that hold us back are just in our mind and we have the power to make a decision. We can decide if we're going to continue to let the invisible obstacle, stay in our way, or we can wake up, realize it's not there and move on.

I waited too long to work out today....but I did it anyway. :)

Accomplishments:


Didn't order dessert. I've cut my sugar (for coffee) down to a tsp. I had a fish plate for dinner and skipped the dinner bread. I added 5 reps to my routine.

Endurance: 20 mins (Between speed 1.5 and 4 on treadmill)
Stretch:       5 mins
Strength:  10 mins (Crunches, leg lifts, arm lifts, etc..)
Balance:     5 mins (Yoga)


Thought For The Day: 


If you have an hour for Facebook, you have an hour for exercise!

No comments:

Post a Comment